We are pleased to announce that new Firmware is now available for the Evercade. This update covers the following changes and improvements:
- Button mapping options in specific games (See the list at the end of this post).
- Brave Battle Saga on Piko Collection 1 – Crash condition is fixed.
- Little Medusa on Mega Cat Collection 1 – Crash condition is fixed.
- Menu “Bloop” sound can now be turned off.
- FW version added in the Main Menu.
- More robust save states function for when the unit is turned off.
- Note: This update includes all 1.1a button mapping fixes.
The process for the update is simple:
1. Download the Firmware ZIP file here:
2. Unzip the FW file (you can double click, then drag the folder to your desktop)
3. Install the DRIVER (click YES if you get a yellow popup from Windows)
4. Open the software (click YES if you get a yellow popup from Windows)
5. Connect your Evercade to your PC using the included USB cable (using the USB cable that came with your console!)
6. Switch on your Evercade while holding the MENU button
7. Click ‘upgrade firmware’ on the update software
8. Click the ‘firmware’ button and then navigate to the firmware file (Evercade FW File)
9. Press ‘upgrade’ on the update software
The process is simple:
We HIGHLY recommend watching the video above (also included in the ZIP file) which shows the complete process, in real time, in 1min 49 seconds.
During the update DO NOT TURN OFF YOUR CONSOLE or REMOVE THE CABLE MIDWAY THROUGH.
If you see either of the following popups during the installation process, please press “yes”. Or “more info”, then “yes”.
The following games will have selectable button mapping.
How to change the mapping:
1. Press menu while playing one of the below games
2. Go to the ‘settings’ option
3. Choose from the available button mapping options
4. Press ‘A’ button to confirm the new mapping option
5. Return to your game
- Battle Cars
- Burning Force
- Clayfighter 2
- Coffee Crisis
- Earthworm Jim
- Earthworm Jim 2
- Little Medusa
- Midnight Re sistance
- Old Towers
- Quad Challenge
- Splatterhouse 2
- Splatterhouse 3
- Two Crude Dudes
- Weapon Lord
- Brave Battle Saga
- Canon – legend of the New Gods
- The Immortal
- Magic Girl
- Water margin
Previous Firmware Versions
If you would prefer to revert to the previous firmware, you can download it here: Download FIRMWARE 1.1a
If you would like to roll back your firmware to 1.0 please download this file and follow instructions: Download FIRMWARE 1.0
Evercade assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in the software or documentation available from its web site.
In no event shall Evercade be liable to you or any third parties for any special, punitive, incidental, indirect or consequential damages of any kind, or any damages whatsoever, including, without limitation, those resulting from loss of use, data or profits, whether or not the Evercade has been advised of the possibility of such damages, and on any theory of liability, arising out of or in connection with the use of this software.
The use of the software downloaded through the Evercade site is done at your own discretion and risk and with agreement that you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from such activities. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from Evercade or from the Evercade web site shall create any warranty for the software.