Optional update to FW 1.1a
The following process will update the firmare of the Evercade to change the button layout to match the original consoles you may be more familar with.
It will take less than 2 minutes to install everything. It will take less than 30 seconds to update firmware itself.
The process is simple:
We HIGHLY recommend watching the video above (also included in the ZIP file) which shows the complete process, in real time, in 1min 49 seconds.
1. Download the Firmware ZIP file here: Download
2. Unzip the FW file (you can double click, then drag the folder to your desktop)
3. Install the DRIVER (click YES if you get a yellow popup from Windows)
4. Open the software (click YES if you get a yellow popup from Windows)
5. Connect your Evercade to your PC using the included USB cable (using the USB cable that came with your console!)
6. Switch on your Evercade while holding the MENU button
7. Click ‘upgrade firmware’ on the update software
8. Click the ‘firmware’ button and then navigate to the firmware file (Evercade FW File)
9. Press ‘upgrade’ on the update software
If you see either of the following popups during the installation process, please press “yes”. Or “more info”, then “yes”.
Revert to FW 1.0
Evercade assumes no responsibility for errors or ommissions in the software or documentation available from its web site.
In no event shall Evercade be liable to you or any third parties for any special, punitive, incidental, indirect or consequential damages of any kind, or any damages whatsoever, including, without limitation, those resulting from loss of use, data or profits, whether or not the Evercade has been advised of the possibility of such damages, and on any theory of liability, arising out of or in connection with the use of this software.
The use of the software downloaded through the Evercade site is done at your own discretion and risk and with agreement that you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from such activities. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from Evercade or from the Evercade web site shall create any warranty for the software.