We are pleased to announce that new Firmware is now available for the Evercade. This update covers the following changes and improvements:
- Fixed and improved cartridge mounting
- Fixed buzzing audio when HDMI connected to the device from the handheld speakers
- Fixed buzzing audio when booting from HDMI
- Fixed launching issue when switching HDMI (performance boost)
- Fixed issue with graphics library and improved performance
- Fixed issue with the menu which prevented hot-swapping certain cartridges
- Fixed resolution bug with a bunch of titles
- Fixed typos with German Language
- Fixed typos with main menu option strings
- Added better ROM run handling (performance boost)
- Added auto smart cartridge repair (fixes bad saves etc)
- Added automated cart ROM patching + ROM patch logs on cart
- Added better handling of vertical overscan cropping on handheld mode for all games. (Less clipping behind the top bezel)
- Added better version control to assist with support
- Added critical battery alert. (When battery at 10% or less, Green LED will flash)
- Added new advanced savestate menus for all games. (Shows save state selection menu and playtime duration for each state)
- Added new MAX BRIGHTNESS setting.The screen is now capable of much higher brightness with minimal impact on battery life.
- Added sound priority to emulator backends to reduce sound stuttering and improve performance
- Added sync routine directly after game launch to help prevent game save and savestate corruption
- Completely overhauled input handling for MUCH more responsive input and no more dropped inputs
- Defaulted screen brightness (if not set) to MAX.
- If running blastem or in HDMI then auto boost clock to MAX before ROM execution for performance boost
- Improved Emulation resolution handling for more realistic resolutions.
- Improved HDMI switching process. (Will improve further in next firmware)
- Improved emulation backend
- Streamlined and compressed a lot of on console content
- When switching between HDMI and handheld, Intro video will be skipped instead of waiting 10 seconds
- Added “Drakkhen” ROM patch (fixed the ending)
- Added “Power Pigs” ROM patch (no more glitched screen on level complete)
- Added “Top Racer” ROM patch (no more infinite boost)
- Added “Mystery World Dizzy” ROM patch (disable the PAL option which doesn’t work properly)
- Audio glitches/stuttering on handheld and HDMI should no longer occur now
- Fixed emulator to handle large game files i.e. large PS1 titles
- Overhauled battery handling for much more accurate battery life readout (Now havean curate drain and charge feedback)
- Pac-Man should now not suffer from dropped inputs due to overhauled input handling
(Shows save state selection menu and playtime duration for each stated – NOTE: any existing save states will initially show as 00:00:00 as there was no play duration data prior to this update, however, the save state is still fine)
The process for the update is simple:
1. Download the Firmware ZIP file here:
2. Unzip the FW file (you can double click, then drag the folder to your desktop)
3. Install the DRIVER (click YES if you get a yellow popup from Windows)
4. Open the software (click YES if you get a yellow popup from Windows)
5. Connect your Evercade to your PC using the included USB cable (using the USB cable that came with your console!)
6. Switch on your Evercade while holding the MENU button
7. Click ‘upgrade firmware’ on the update software
8. Click the ‘firmware’ button and then navigate to the firmware file (Evercade FW File)
9. Press ‘upgrade’ on the update software
The process is simple:
We HIGHLY recommend watching the video above (also included in the ZIP file) which shows the complete process, in real time, in 1min 49 seconds.
During the update DO NOT TURN OFF YOUR CONSOLE or REMOVE THE CABLE MIDWAY THROUGH.
If you see either of the following popups during the installation process, please press “yes”. Or “more info”, then “yes”.
Evercade assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in the software or documentation available from its web site.
In no event shall Evercade be liable to you or any third parties for any special, punitive, incidental, indirect or consequential damages of any kind, or any damages whatsoever, including, without limitation, those resulting from loss of use, data or profits, whether or not the Evercade has been advised of the possibility of such damages, and on any theory of liability, arising out of or in connection with the use of this software.
The use of the software downloaded through the Evercade site is done at your own discretion and risk and with agreement that you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from such activities. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from Evercade or from the Evercade web site shall create any warranty for the software.